Wednesday, June 15, 2011

boys

Father's Day is upon us. And lucky for me, I know some pretty awesome men who are fathers. For example, Trey Orsak.

(I got this picture from my sister's blog. It melts my heart.)

Three things I love about Trey.

One. His sense of humor. I love being with people who can make me laugh. I love being with Trey. His jokes can be a bit dry sometimes--you know the kind, where you can't tell if they're really joking or not--but those are my favorites. He kinda reminds me of Grandpa in that way.
Two. His kindness. Trey's super giving and very thoughtful. When he first started coming around our house for dinner, he was very cautious about which dinner roll he picked because he knew Lauren and I liked specific ones. We knew which rolls were the "good" ones, but Trey wasn't quite sure yet what our standard was. He didn't want to accidentally take what someone else wanted. I really admire how he's always putting other peoples' feelings before his own.
Three. How much he loves my sister and his boys. I love Trey's relationship with my sister. They love each other so much and I can tell. He's such a good father--always playing with, reading with and taking care of his kids every chance that he gets. That's the kind of family I want to have someday. Trey and Rachelle are really good examples to me and are always there to talk to whenever I need advice about boys.

I love you, Trey! I can't imagine a better brother-in-law than you. Happy Father's Day.

1 comment:

  1. Wowza! Quite a complimentary post. Thanks for the shout out to my man. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete