Wednesday, January 25, 2012

another world

Time is flying. It's a phenomenon that never ceases to amaze me. There are still as many seconds in a minute and hours in a day as usual, but somehow time finds a way to bend all those rules and simply speed up or slow down whenever it wants to.

I graduated college! I have my Bachelor's degree in English. Unfortunately, I don't have much to show from my last semester in Hawaii. I'm the worst at remembering to take pictures. I don't really have much to say, either. Hawaii seems so long ago. And so far away! Which it really is. But, some of the highlights from the last semester were: going to Chicago with Ariel and Janelle, watching the romance unfold between Ariel and Ryan--who are now ENGAGED!!, making some new friends, learning how to slackline, book club dinners every single week, seeing Breaking Dawn at midnight and laughing our heads off, and of course, when my family came out for a week of graduation celebration and fun! I absolutely loved my time in Hawaii. The people I met, the experiences I had, the things I learned. But now that chapter of my life is closed.

Now I'm in this new place. This place where they say "hola" instead of "aloha." Where no one seems to know about second-hand smoke and I'm still astounded every morning when I see my foggy breath in the chilly air and there are palm trees lining the streets at the same time. I spend my days hanging out with four of the coolest little ninos around. I've also been doing a whole lotta work on my espanol. I love this place already and I'm so grateful and excited that I get to spend the next three months here.

Unfortunately, because of technical difficulties, I can't upload any pictures at the moment. So for now, that's all from me. Adios!

3 comments:

  1. so happy to hear that you are loving mallorca as much as we did! you surely have a loco but fun bunch of kiddos to watch. excited to hear more about your adventures there(: -lindsey (alicia's amiga)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh!!! Hooray! Ninos...oh goodness. I love that. :) You are in another country. You are a nanny. And I will pray you don't get lung cancer.

    Thanks for the glimpse into your new life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hey! I love the post! I hope to see some good pictures soon...

    ReplyDelete