Saturday, March 5, 2011

carnival of light

Grandma Myler.

She lived with us when I was younger and I loved having sleepovers with her. Most kids had to travel to get to their grandparent's house, I just had to walk to the next bedroom.

She gave us foot rubs on Christmas Eve and had the strongest hands I've ever felt.

She put salt on her apples because she said it brought out the sweetness. I was intrigued and disgusted by this. I've still never had the guts to try it.

She had a twin sister and as a young girl I was horrified that there was someone who looked exactly like my grandma, but wasn't my grandma.

The only time I've ever watched Little Rascals was with her.

I was mad when she left me to go on a mission, but she sent us letters with puffy stickers that pretty much made up for her being gone.

As she got older, she would always make the joke that us grandkids were growing while she was shrinking.

She was a nurse during WWII and then she went back to school at the age of 63 to refresh her license.

My grandma was so great. Now she's with her parents, twin, husband and daughters. I'm grateful to have had her in my life and I'm happy about where she's at now.

11.5.1925-3.3.2011

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment