Thursday, March 25, 2010

all together now

Katsaridaphobia. The cockroach police came by Mckensie's room yesterday and told her that more cockroaches were found in our bathroom. Cockroaches travel in packs. Where there's one, there are hundreds. Our hallway is infested with cockroaches.

Speaking of cockroaches, I'm writing my research paper for English 251 on Kafka's The Metamorphosis. It's a novella about a young man named Gregor who wakes up one day to find that he has metamorphosed into a cockroach. For my paper, I'm specifically focusing on Gregor's sister, Grete, and analyzing her from a feminist perspective. I really enjoy feminist theory and The Metamorphosis is such a masterpiece, I'm actually having fun with this research paper! Never thought I'd see the day.

"I have been reading The Metamorphosis at home, and I find it bad." --Franz Kafka...Just goes to show that authors don't know everything about their works.

No comments:

Post a Comment