Wednesday, March 24, 2010

a day in the life

Devin: (Calmly) Hey Marissa, look, there's a cockroach crawling up your nightgown.

Marissa: (Equally as calm) Why Devin, it seems as though you are right. Let's calmly get it out of here without killing it because we don't kill other living creatures.

Devin walks, nonchalantly, over to the cockroach and traps it in a cup, handily found nearby.

Devin: (Happily) There you go, little buddy! She lowers the cockroach to the ground, setting
him free in the courtyard.

Marissa: Thank you, Devin, for handling that cockroach with such kind care. Goodnight!

Devin: Goodnight, Marissa!

End scene.

AS IF.

This morning (1:30am) came with much shrieking and freaking out and jumping on beds when the hugest cockroach I've ever seen was found crawling up my nightgown. Many fruitless minutes were spent with Devin trying to trap the cockroach in a library bag while it was flying around in my desk and I was looking on from a safe distance (standing on Devin's bed). Devin really did try hard, and I have to commend her courage, but unfortunately, she did not succeed in trapping the cockroach. It disappeared to underneath my bed. Obviously, I could not spend the entire night on my bed, with a cockroach lurking right underneath me, so I went next door and snuggled up with Mckensie in her bed. Devin came in ten minutes after me, blanket and pillow in hand. "Can I just come sleep on the floor?" Devin asked. "No, just go get in Maggie's bed!" answered Kenzi. "She might freak out a little at first, but she'll understand." So, Devin crawled up into bed with Maggie and we had a really great impromptu slumber party. Cockroaches are such wily little critters.

2 comments:

  1. maggie and i were lonely last night :(
    she said feel free to come back tonight :)

    ReplyDelete